Bid Management Made Easy With a Bid Library
Being organised is an important factor in many walks of life. When it comes to daily activities, the more organised you are, the better and more effective your day will be.
As you may know, public sector tendering in the UK can be very complex at times and you have a lot of hurdles to jump over. As bid management professionals, we can tell you – organisation is one of the most important things to consider.
At Hudson Succeed, our Bid Writers work from multiple ‘Bid Libraries’, with each client having their dedicated and secure domain for all things tender-related.
The way we set this out is through specific folders that all contain information relating to your organisation, more specifically, evidence, content and relevant data that is required to ultimately see success in tendering.
A lot of what is contained here will also be derived from your quality management system (QMS), if you hold one.
We have provided an attachment which you can use as a checklist in gathering your bid library, ensuring everything is all in one place. This includes 10 folders containing:
- Folder 1 – Structure – Your company organogram, CVs, shareholders and subcontractors.
- Folder 2 – Finances – Financial accounts for a minimum of 3-years, Experian or similar financial reports.
- Folder 3 – Accreditations – Industry-specific certificates, staff certificates and awards.
- Folder 4 – Tenders – All live tenders you are working on, closed tenders, successful and unsuccessful tenders.
- Folder 5 – Insurances – Certificates of relevant organisational insurances.
- Folder 6 – Policies – All company policies.
- Folder 7 – Evidence – Including evidential documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Risk Assessments, Performance/KPI reports, Training documents, etc.
- Folder 8 – Experience – Full client list, developed case studies, reference lists, testimonials, etc.
- Folder 9 – Sales Literature – Brochures, logos, presentations, infographics, etc.
- Folder 10 – Branding – Logos, Guidelines, Colour Palettes, Fonts, etc.
Why create a bid library?
The benefits of maintaining a bid library such as the example above, include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Having a one-stop shop for when you need information at the drop of a hat
- Keeping you and your team organised when information is required quickly from buyers
- Folder 4, in particular, allows you to have sub-folders where you can store all successful content for future reuse (in parts).
We offer a full consultancy service and can absolutely support you to gather, collate and even develop (from scratch) specific elements that will feed into your bid library.
If you require any support with this and/or with tenders or bids in general, please get in touch with our dedicated Tender Consultants today.